Friday, February 20, 2009

congratulations that God makes you look up.

my eyes were raw. tears pouring uncontrollably down my cheeks. i admittedly used my sleeve as a handkerchief. wiping snot on my jeans. i went to see Rachel Getting Married. i was not at all prepared for what played out before me. i cry at weddings. but i really cried at this wedding film. the family dynamics twisted my heart into a knot that sat perched in my throat for the duration. intense. moving. brilliantly dysfunctional. my favorite movie of this year. anne hathaway's character is gloriously broken. the truest film i have seen in years.

warning:bring tissues.

And I struggle with God so much, because I can't forgive myself. And I don't really want to right now. I can live with it, but I can't forgive myself. And sometimes I don't want to believe in a God that could forgive me. But I do want to be sober. I'm alive and I'm present and there's nothing controlling me. If I hurt someone, I hurt someone. I can apologize, and they can forgive me... or not. But I can change. And I just wanted to share that and say congratulations that God makes you look up, I'm so happy for you, but if he doesn't, come here. That's all. Thank you.

No comments: