Monday, August 24, 2009

nothing says happy thirtieth like outerwear.

so for my b-day i purchased, for myself, three items of dire need and necessity. (one for each remarkably endured decade).
my first self gift is a new ski jacket. i knew i wanted green and pink. and it had to match the black north face pants i procured from the free box last season. i waited patiently for months. i finally found what i'd been waiting for. you can spot me on the slopes in this stylish little number...
the second item of interest is in preparation of the rainy fall season here in telluride. my very first rain coat. my marmot precip. i love it. mine is pink with orange writing but i couldn't find any photos. perhaps it is one of a kind :)
finally, the third item is designed for the walking lifestyle of this town. and to keep my feet warm and dry in the coming months. plus i really liked their moto:

For those who'd rather stay home than see the world from the seat of a bus, the berth of a train, the railings of a boat, or the portal of a plane OTBT shoes are not for you. To all you roamers, rovers and rolling stones who know the destination is the journey, ramble on.





in the same train of thought, my momula sent me a wonderful treasure she traded for at at craft show in maine. she is called a "traveler" and is created to represent the geography of your imagination. she hangs above my bed. she is beautiful.


also, my dear friend kelstar sent me a cut out from charlotte's skirt magazine publication. apparently i qualify for the desired position. i have already faxed my resume.


sweet action.

1 comment:

kelstar said...

awww. thanks dude for the shout out. i just caught up on your blog in sunny detroit. hanging out with eminem.glad you got the package. kind of random. but that's how we are anyway. :)