Tuesday, May 5, 2009

when i feel alive, i try to imagine a careless life. a scenic world where the sunsets are all breathtaking.

three straight days of driving has definitely paid off. i left charlotte with a car load of stuff. piled to the ceiling. literally. god made room. miraculous.

it rained almost the entire drive. except for monarch. there, it snowed. not gonna lie, i was more than a little nervous about driving in the inclimate weather. i took it nice and slow. and as i turned onto the last thirty mile stretch of road the sky cleared briefly and a rainbow formed. end to end. ground. sky. ground. i could see the entire arc. (although, apparently i couldn't photograph it very well). my roommate sarah and my friend megan were waiting with cupcakes and homemade butternut squash soup. home sweet home. my other three roommates will arrive over the next couple weeks. so for now sarah and i are making ourselves at home. nesting. creating an environment that says something personal. i have missed having a safe lil' place. i love my new house. and my new roommates. and until the whole happy family arrives, sarah and i will entertain each other and hike the trails behind our house. [YES. those are snuggies. too hilarious.]
the beauty of being a couch potato. i can see mountains from my sofa. and i am so excited to have dinner parties and game nights.



i unpacked all my things and got settled into my room. the girls found me a mattress and box spring for fifteen dollars. it's the most comfortable bed i have ever owned. and when i get used to the elevation and can actually sleep more than four hours, i am going to be in heaven!
come visit. we have lots of room for guests now. although eleven people in my tiny condo was quite the experience.

and if you need any further encouragement to get your little butts out here...just pop in an old an old american classic. "the hills are alive with the sound of music." that's right ladies and gentlemen...julie andrews was singing and dancing in drapery dresses in none other than the this little mining town. i've never been to austria so i can not intelligently say whether the san juans pass the test, but i will shout from the roof tops...i love telluride!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ummm...so how does November sound for a visit? I will be in Cali then heading east so maybe I can make a stop. Love you!!! Em.

a.mann said...

um...that sounds A-mazing!!!!!

breezie said...

how cute is your place...dang...how i would love to come visit...spring 2010?? who knows...it's on my dream list... ; )

Lauren said...

I need to see your postcard on the fridge for my happiness to be complete! You and Sarah are too freakin cute in your snuggies! Love you so so much! Your house is fabulous & I can't wait to come visit! Heart you.

a.mann said...

our fridge is stainless...so not magnetic...but the one in my room is! yes i have a mini fridge in my room which is hysterical and oh so convenient! the post card is right at home. i heart NC. and i heart you big time!