Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the odds are good. but the goods are odd.

in a town that fosters such delightful phrases for male/female relationships as "you don't lose your chance, just your turn in line," a girl can be forced to take some pretty drastic measures to find a mate. especially when, left to her own devices, she repeatedly choses different versions of the same man: the alcoholic, abusive, selfish prick. think musician or politician. what is it about me and men who schmooze and entertain for a living?!

i've recently ended a relationship. one that i mistakenly saw great potential in. and although part of me feels that it is very fresh and i should give it time to settle in and mourn the loss, another part of me insists that i trudge forward. i am at such a jaded juncture, i feel that if i don't press on, i may never put myself out there again.

so, i did it folks. i joined the dark side. even though the old saying goes "can't buy me love," my credit card deposit has my fingers crossed that e-Harmony will match me with mr. wonderful. i am officially one of those people. meh.

[pricks need not apply.]

2 comments:

Kelstar said...

a mann you can do it!!! hello. you are sweet, beautiful, the best cook i know, the cleanest person i know (minus shower wise), creative, could be an interior designer, hiker, biker and runner extroardinaire, pretty picture taker, caregiver to all...girl those boys are trying to get the best but they aren't good enough to have it so they lose it in the end...
i heart you.

Melissa said...

I hear you!! I've had people all over the place trying to match me with their co-worker, sister's best friend's brother, etc, and even offer to pay to set me up on eharmony. *sigh* Good for you - I hope you find someone close to as amazing as you are! ;)