Friday, January 23, 2009

if you were here, winter wouldn't pass quite so slow.

"God doesn't give you the people you want. He gives you the people you NEED - To help you. to hurt you. to leave you. to love you. and to make you into the person you were meant to be."

a friend of mine emailed me that sentiment. very poignant and timely. i have been overwhelmed this year with the people who have touched my life and encouraged great change in my heart and my physical surroundings. i am continuously amazed at how frequently my life has been overhauled by a mere acquaintance or the persistence of a new friend. my life has played out in remarkable ways this year. and while i would have never thought myself to be sitting where i am, and i can only trace the path in hindsight, it has been a walk of great trust and great faith. one foot in front of the other. as long as i am moving forward i am headed in the right direction. i may not be able to see what tomorrow holds in store for me, but from where i am standing, i can see forever...

No comments: