Monday, May 17, 2010

all my life i've been searching for something. something i can put my finger on.

i have been trying to capture the proper words to describe my adventures east. the city tour twenty-ten. but nothing seems to properly encompass the feelings i felt while sitting across the table from some of my favorite people. sharing meals and conversations. walks through parks and rooftop sunsets. i am so grateful for these moments. and i carry them with me even at this present moment.

brianna and i are never in the same city. but i love her to little bity pieces. hey friend, i hope you are stalking me! because i love that we share our lives so intimately and openly. i love your heart and your spirit. and i hope someday we can make dinner parties a weekly event!

cuddling with erin. or not. since the pillow barrier made the point quite clear :) dinners at the nut. hanging with the family. planning adventures. sharing our hearts. i miss my sis.

wedding fun. lunch at the biscuit. helping my sister, lauren, move into her new life. it's amazing to be this comfortable with someone. to pick them out as "mine" and have them pick me too. I knew we would be friends. i love that we are family.

bonding at the dog parks. filing each other in on the past year. and the comfortable feeling like i just saw katie last week. colorado adventures. big risks. love this girl.

sitting next to alex, i am reminded of what a wonderful man he is. being drawn into those endless conversations. reminds me of what i should be looking for. grateful for what we had. a year gone by and it seems like yesterday. telluridian magic.

the sound of sarah's voice echoing "audie" as the elevator doors opened to reveal my long lost friend. a wound healed. my heart is happy.

finding sameness in johanna's life. laughing at the thirteen years of distance and the remarkable similarities in our stories. and her cleaning pep talk: gotta make it clean like audrey's bedroom. all these years and that has stuck with her. too funny.

blackened soles. charcoal aromas. grilled tofu made especially for me. jam's curls and adorable style. and the way she always asks questions about you. i miss my roommate. our beach days on the front lawn. what a warm spirit.

i knew i was going to know kyle for a long time. but sitting in a living room in denver, drinking beers, and watching him and mike play rock band with friends is a welcomed surprise. things always end up better than i ever could have planned.

i already miss you all. and hope to see you very soon, indeed.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

cough cough...where am I?? hehe. jk.

I cannnot wait to see you soon!

breezie said...

oh GURL i'm totally stalking you...it's what we do...love love love you...not sure if it's july or september but i'm headed your way fo sho! big love *b

Unknown said...

I miss you! ps at least let you hug me a lot while you were here :)