Monday, March 1, 2010

but you've run away from me, and you've left me shimmering like diamond wedding rings, spinning dizzily down on the ground.

this is what today sounds like [moth's wings - passion pit]

two of my friends stopped by the other night to pick up my new roommate. (who is adorable and sweet and so incredibly interesting. AND she makes the most amazing bread i have ever tasted). i was attempting to take a nap but it's difficult to sleep in a house with the comings and goings of four other people and marley dog barking when guests come to the door. so i came down to make tea and found the crew standing in my kitchen. two of my favorite people in town. and we chatted briefly and then they left. and it occurred to me through the conversation i had with sophia, that they were going to my other friend's house for the evening.

and i wasn't invited.

i smiled and waved as they walked out the door. but when the handle latched closed, my heart sank. i have never felt so left out. and i have no idea why. i consider these fellas to be some of my best friends in town and it kills me to know that they didn't even think to invite me along. meh.

so i spent the weekend hanging out with my roommates and a new friend and his sister. and i saw concerts and skied and ate yummy food. and it was fun. and i realized i can't rely on other people. i have to entertain myself even though i would rather spend my time in the company of others. sometimes it just doesn't work out the way you would like.

so i am enjoying some simple things.
-bouldering at the rock gym on tuesdays and thursdays
-netfix (i am addicted to the showtime series "weeds"
-dakota skye
-homemade hummus and target brand tortilla chips (blue corn with flaxseed. yummy)
-living in the purple scarf sarah gave me.
-new music (check out Prepschool) i love techno/disco dance music
-free yoga on mondays
-cranial sacral massage
-hot tea and warm socks

i have to learn to be less sensitive. just go about my business, enjoying the little things in life and when someone actually "shows up" be pleasantly surprised and enjoy the moment. more smiles. less tears.

No comments: