Tuesday, March 2, 2010

somedays i feel affected and then it all disappears. rain and clouds above my head, and then it all disappears.

dakota skye.
i recently stumbled across this film while searching through netfix, trying to figure out when the next episodes of weeds were going to be mailed out. i got sucked in. and i have watched it twice. i'm a sucker for cute, nerdy boys. especially ones that like bowling and hiking mountains.







i realized i've never had a man tell me they were "in love" with me. mikal told me he loved me. and when he performed with his band he would hold his closed hand in the air in front of his chest. he heard once that the human heart was the size of your fist, and as cheesy as it sounds now, this was his way of telling me he loved me with all his heart. our little secret, laid before the crowded rooms.

but then he would cheat on me, and his actions never matched his words. so i love you became a string of painful syllables. too easily tossed around.

i read this passage in jon krakauer's book "into thin air. it made me really happy. and really sad, too.
"i was forty-one now, well past my climbing prime, with a graying beard, bad gums, and fifteen extra pounds around my midriff. i was married to a woman i loved fiercely-and who loved me back. having stumbled upon a tolerable career, for the first time in my life i was actually living above the poverty line. my hunger to climb had been blunted, in short, by a bunch of small satisfactions that added up to something like happiness. "

someday.

No comments: