Monday, June 16, 2008

for your viewing pleasure.


Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Proof that miracles happen.
My mom's first pie...EVER!
And a family project. My sister mom and I managed to pick the rhubarb, grocery shop, mix and bake this pie...without killing each other! AND IT WAS DELICIOUS!
That's what I call a miracle.

My mom puts everything in jars. (a) to keep it away from mice (b) to keep it away from the devil of "plastic" and (c) because it looks so darn cute! CAUTION: Do not put the non-organic rasins in the organic rasin jar...heads will roll :)

This is my mom's gallery. (I made her the sign for mother's day...who needs flowers and candy!)

Fiddle Heads. (Fern shoots native to the island). They ACTUALLY sell these in the grocery store. I ACTUALLY ate them for dinner. They are ACTUALLY good. Kinda like asparagus.

free-range eggs. different shapes and colors? who knew?

Little house on the...harbor! This is my mom's house. (As viewed from the backyard).

This water is actually freezing cold...but Marley dog played in it like he was in the Carribean.

These flowers grow EVERYWHERE! And there is a big festival next weekend in their honor (I have a booth and am gonna show some of my photos)

No comments: