Sunday, April 10, 2011

The best journeys answer questions, that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask. -180 South


I am lucky to call this place home. And while I am anxious to return to its magic I am trying to make the best of my time away. Sometimes the lines become blurred and the things you never thought possible to take for granted become mundane. Sometimes you need a new perspective. Even if that means starring though tear filled eyes, out the back windshield of your car.

I could not have known then that everybody, every person, has to leave, has to change like seasons; they have to or they expire. Everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons. And you will not be alone. You have never been alone. Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It is you who will have changed.
-Donald Miller

I am healing up well. My bones are getting stronger. I am attempting to strengthen my heart and clear my head. And in the midst of all this hard work I am making sure to heed the advice of a wise friend.

"Bake bread, listen to music, sit in the sunshine, read books that take you places. Heal your soul and your body will follow." -Elizabeth Gessinger

2 comments:

Kelstar said...

i like it amann. i like it. :) and p.s. i will open a b&B or a bakery with you. .

a.mann said...

bakery/taco cart :)