Tuesday, October 14, 2008

body of evidence.

exhibit a)
my sister is a very talented artist. she paints, and sings and makes stained glass. she is one of the most creative people i know. but her talents have been locked inside her for the last few years. her hands shake from her medication, making it difficult to steady a brush or hold a guitar cord, and she is too self conscious to sing in front of people. she used to belt out ani difranco lyrics and play in the city. now she wont even play for her cat. it breaks my heart. she painted this fairy for my 19th birthday. i have wanted to make it into a tattoo since the first time i saw it. i just couldn't figure out where or when. after i got my wrist tattoo, last year, i started giving it some serious thought. i bounced from my lower back to my shoulder, finally settling on my left side. increasing in size with each transition. it's gonna hurt and it's gonna be expensive...and yes, i have entirely too much time on my hands.

No comments: