Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You don't have to yell. It's not a train station. We're in a tiny car.

"I just wanna go to the rooftops and scream," I heart Michael Cera! Or at least I love the nerdy, good-guy characters he portrays on screen. Okay, I admit, he's a little young for even my "younger guy" taste. But what's not to like about a sweet, funny, music loving guy who makes mix tapes (avec awesome cover art) and tells you that you're beautiful in a way that makes you believe it?

On "Arrested Development," Cera copped a nicest-kid-in-the-world demeanor, playing a lovably gawky teen who's impossible not to like. Cera has perfected the persona in film roles, turning self-effacing decency into a surprisingly appealing trait in a business that often looks for glib wisecracking in its stars. "He's just got a goodness inside him that you can see," co-star Dennings said. "I'm sure there are tons of people with goodness inside them, but you can't see it. With him, you can taste it. When you look at him, you just know that he's a good person. "I think it's been so long since there was a leading man who wasn't like the chiseled guy with the hair and the leather jacket. Girls, once you're over the bad-boy thing, you're over it, and you just want a nice person, and he's as nice as you can get."

exhibit (a): my absolute favorite scene from Juno. So sweet. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...


1 comment:

R. Sean said...

Cera's iPod
Michael Cera's ITunes playlist:
Dion Mcgregor - "Don't Break the Mailman"
Cher & Sonny - "A Cowboy's Work Is Never Done"
Brendan Benson - "Let Me Roll It"
Beulah - "Night Is the Day Turned Inside Out"
Neil Young - "Till the Morning Comes"
Microphones "I'm a Pearl Diver"
Dr. Dog "Ain't It Strange
The Unicorns - "Ghost Mountain"
Jim Guthrie - "Toy Computer"
Dino, Desi and Billy- "Not the Lovin' Kind"
Built To Spill - "Strange"
Louis Prima & Phil Harris - "I Wan'na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)"
The Zombies "Care of Cell"
Daniel Johnston - "The Sun Shines Down On Me"
Weezer - "The Good Life"

He is a huge Dr. Dog fan and always comes out for their LA shows.
- Love.