Tuesday, August 12, 2008

do they not have pen or paper where you are, cause i haven't heard from you in ages.

another day. another year. i wondered if you would call. and of course you played it like i talked to you last week. even though it has been over a year. so interested in my life for the fifty-seven second vocal imprint. but where were you three weeks ago when i was stuck in a parking lot in minnesota. or in april when i covered 26.2 on foot in a single morning. why should you get to be part of "my" day and disappear for the other three hundred sixty-four?
you were mad when hillary told you i was going to be in california. i might drive right past your house and never even know it. she told you i didn't want to see you. but that's a lie. the truth is i can't take not mattering to you. i don't understand how you can go about your day knowing i am out here somewhere. that you're satisfied with second hand details from my little sister. enjoying all the bits you have played no part in. it's not fair that you get to know anything about me. you're a thief. you stole my heart. you broke my trust. you left me in tears.
i don't want to see you because it hurts too much to be rejected. and someday when i get married, my hardest decision wont be dresses and flowers. it will be whether or not i send an invitation to a perfect stranger. postmark san jose. rsvp.

1 comment:

Drew Polly said...

happy b-day Audrey!!! Can't wait to catch up.