Wednesday, August 6, 2008

the moment you love, you are unlimited.

What I learned at marching band practice.
(or...some thoughts I had while watching from the track)

[1] If you unfurl yourself, leaving fear and self-consciousness aside, love and friendship are in no short supply. It never looks like you think it will. And it often ends up being more amazing than you imagined.

[2] It's easier to have constraints and safer to have limitations. The world is a scary place when "they" say Go! Seek! Find! But we are all adventurers at the core, fully equiped with everything we need for our unknown journey.

[3] The frightnening part isn't the failing. It's the trying that keeps us tucked under our bed covers until one in the afternoon.

[4] How many of us would be where we are if we were really living like we might die tomorrow? I would be on a lake in the mountains, having a big feast with all my friends and family, eating and dancing under the stars. Kelly, turn up the Justin Timberlake!!!!!!

[5] Just when you think it wont...it does. Daisy, I am so inspired by you. You have such a huge part of my heart. Here's to miracles, my lil' burrito.

No comments: