Monday, November 3, 2008

look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours

marriage and weddings and honeymoons. lots of talk about it all. seems like all my friends are getting married. it's pretty exciting. and catering weddings. it's a great way to experience the options without having to pay for any of it. all the planning and organizing. the stress of every little detail. the money involved. i find it so difficult to justify spending my life savings on a few hours. i am in no way down playing the importance of the day. the significance of ritual and symbolism. i just feel that my money and energy would be better spent a little less traditionally. and seriously, when have i ever done anything traditionally?

if i was getting married i would want all the people i love in one place for a few days so i could really spend time with them. it's sad that the bride and groom only get to bounce from table to table thanking their guests for their support. I want a weekend of dinners and late night chats. i want a simple ceremony and big cookout with lots of dancing. all my friends and family. good food. good music. under the stars. for the entire weekend. atleast.

my friend kristen found this spa in colorado when she was doing research for a project at johnson and whales. it's near telluride. just across the mountain. you can rent the entire town of Dunton Hot Springs for $17,500 per day, Friday and Saturday. $15,000 per day, Sunday thru Thursday. Accommodations for up to 42 people. All meals for 42 people. Non-alcoholic beverages. Exclusive use of all our facilities, including the hot springs, Saloon & banquet areas. Horseback riding, etc. Amazing. If i was ever going to shell out some cash...this would be the way i would do it. Atleast a three day wedding celebration. I figure finding someone to share my life with will be such an amazing feat, it deserves a proper party. all my favorite people in my favorite place thus far. count me in. it'll probably be a while, but you might want to dust off your skiis and hiking boots.


No comments: