Tuesday, November 18, 2008

she said, i don't know if i've ever been good enough. and i don't know if i've ever been really loved by a hand that's touched me.

i am extremely grateful for this time. for this place i find myself in life. for all of you whom i share it with. i greatly appreciate your kind words and notes of encouragement. your continued interest in my meandering thoughts. my seemingly endless self analysis. i started this blog as an attempt to stay in touch during my travels. to let you all know i was safe. that i was steering clear of the wild potato seeds. but it has evolved over the months. become a sort of apology to myself. a place to ask forgiveness and grace. to hold myself accountable for the lessons i have missed and to recognize the places where i have been true. i write for myself. in an attempt to understand where i have turned off course. i tend to take the long route in all things. and i am excited for those times that you might relate. for the moments when i am not alone. but i am also saddened that my experiences may have caused you pain or that your understanding stems from the similar. it has been painful to write. and i am certain on many occasions, painful to read. i have made a good many mistakes. but i am trying to learn from them. to make good decisions. get a healthy perspective. to forgive myself. and in order to do that i need to make amends with my ghosts. thank you for giving me a safe place to express my thoughts and a comforting venue to explore my heart. thank you for sharing yours.

No comments: